Tuesday 23 December 2014

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."


Ted Crawford shot his wife, so the case seems like a really easy one for Willy Beachum, an attorney who is about to get a promotion. But even when the whole situation should be clear and simple, there is no evidence, and everything seems to go wrong for Beachum, but well for Crawford.

I just accidentally started watching this movie last night. It was on TV and I just sort of stayed on the sofa and watched through it. Well yes, I was tired when I watched it, but I think my opinion is still valid. Not that anyone said otherwise, it's just that usually I should write the review immediately when the movie is still fresh on my mind, but last night I had already switched off my computer, so I went straight to bed after the movie. Anyway, I think I have something, even though this review might be surprisingly short.

Even though I wouldn't call Fracture the best or even one of the best of thrillers, it was very good. It kept you on your seat (Well I was too tired to move but anyway) when you started understanding what was going on. It was really thrilling, and the whole murder case was really... well I've watched a lot of Boston Legal (which is a comedy and probably not the best thing to compare to Fracture, but I'm usually not watching anything with law stuff, I don't know the correct term) but I had never seen a case like this one anywhere. I mean in the murder... We all know he did it. It was shown to the audience, there was no question of if he did it or not. The question is how the fuck did he get rid of evidence. And to be honest, I sometimes had to even question if Crawford had actually done it. Pretty weird feeling to get, when you've seen it, but you still have to doubt it.

I've never seen Ryan Gosling in a movie. I mean I knew he is a liked actor, and I can see why. He is charming and good at what he does, and of course his good looks are a plus. I've mostly been listening to his music, so he's one of those people who is good looking and good at many things, which is sometimes really annoying. I think I might like Ryan Gosling. I don't know. And of course sir Anthony Hopkins was just as brilliant as he always has been. And I loved the two working together - the characters had great chemistry. And of course sir Anthony Hopkins is always amazing as dangerously intelligent murderer, no matter if the character kills ones or many times.

I recommend Fracture. It's thrilling, but not the kind of thrilling that makes you stay awake the night. And I loved how open the ending was, even though we all know what's going to happen. Not the best movie I've seen, and probably not going to be my favourite, but still good. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment