Sunday 7 December 2014

"You tried to kill me, and now you're protecting me?" "Strange world, isn't it?" "The strangest."


Earth is perfect with no wars, no hostility and no violence. But the mankind couldn't do all this on their own: an alien species is now habiting people's minds. There are few resisting, and when an important girl to the resistance is taken, she does her everything to fight back the alien, Wanderer, in her head. 

Well, first of all, The Host is based on a novel by Stephenie Meyer. She's probably one of the most hated authors in modern day, and well, we all know why. She wrote Twilight saga, which most people hate. Some because she made vampires sparkly, and some because the relationship between Bella and Edward is unhealthy and creepy. Anyway, I don't know what I thought about The Host. I mean Stephenie Meyer is a bad writer, that's for sure, or at least she romanticizes abusive relationship in her Twilight Saga, I'm not so sure about if she actually is a bad writer. I sort of thought The Host would be very similar to Twilight, and on the other hand I thought it would be much better.

It was much better. I mean the story of The Host was wonderful and even if it might not be the best science fiction movie, it still brings some sort of honour to its genre. It's not like The Hunger Games (Oops, who brought up The Hunger Games again) that seriously takes a look at society and all that. The Host took a look at human nature. It was sort of amazing. I mean human beings were sort of violent species, having wars and killing each other, but there was also love and caring. And the difference between Wanderer and Melanie was amazing. 

And what's best, there was no useless love triangle. On the contrary, Melanie and Jared were in love, but Wanderer fell in love with someone else who also fell in love with her. I mean that was more interesting than any love triangle will ever be, since Melanie and Wanderer were in the same body and all that.

But I'm not so sure if I'll change my mind about Stephenie Meyer yet. Maybe the movie is better than the book, who knows?

But I would want to write more but I just have to get to sleep. Maybe I'll edit this tomorrow. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment