Monday 15 May 2017

Sunshine Cleaning (2008)


Directed by: Christine Jeffs
Written by: Megan Holley

In order to raise the tuition to send her young son to private school, a mom starts an unusual business - a biohazard removal/crime scene clean-up service - with her unreliable sister.


I chose to watch this movie because the plot seemed interesting enough, but mainly I even learned about this movie because Clifton Collins Jr. is in this movie.

Sunshine Cleaning is very simple yet delicate and vulnerable. It's exactly what drama movies should be like, when they are at their finest without trying too much. It's a slice of life, and while it moves you, it also makes you feel good, it makes you smile.

The emotional side of the characters is very easy to relate to. There was a scene where another person told the main character Rose she was nothing, and while I of course share that scene with no basis whatsoever, it was weirdly powerful in the movie. While I usually don't get bothered by this kind of exchanges, this felt very real and when I paused the movie to reply to a text I felt like someone had said something mean to me, that I had read that somewhere, that it actually was about me.

The cast of the movie is incredibly talented. Mostly I admire the talent of Amy Adams and Emily Blunt both show emotion in incredible well and believably for different characters with different personalities. Both are great actresses,

While the plot wasn't exactly what I thought, and I didn't like all the plot points and how certain things ended up, Sunshine Cleaning is still a very nice and emotional drama.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment